Trucks, crowded together on the border of Belarus and Poland, formed a 30-km long queue. This was reported on November 11.
Truckers told about the impact of the crisis at the Polish-Belarusian border on their work.
“It’s an unusual situation,” as the drivers described it.
According to them, some stand in a traffic jam for 2-3 days to check the customs point.
Earlier this day, Lukasz Jasina, spokesman for the Polish Foreign Ministry, said the country would not allow illegal migrants from the Middle East to enter its territory.
November 8, amid the migration crisis, the Polish border guards announced that as of the next day the border crossing point “Kuznica Białostocka” across the border with Belarus would be closed.
The next day, hundreds of illegal migrants from Syria, Iraq and Iran began moving along the Belarusian-Polish border towards Poland near the Bruzgi border crossing. After that, Poland declared a brutal attack on the border for the first time in 30 years.
According to Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki, the purpose of the attack is to create chaos in the European Union. He also expressed confidence that the ongoing events are part of the Russian policy, which is allegedly behind the actions of Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko.
Warsaw called on the European Union to impose sanctions against the individuals and legal entities involved.