An Egyptian woman died of chlorine poisoning in an attempt to protect herself from COVID-19

An Egyptian woman died of chlorine poisoning after disinfecting an apartment in an attempt to protect herself from the coronavirus infection COVID-19, three of her children and her husband were hospitalized with symptoms of poisoning, reports Wednesday, March 25, portal an-Nahar, citing data from the prosecutor’s office of Giza province.

The Egyptian woman used chlorine and alcohol to disinfect her apartment, the newspaper said. According to the medical examination, the food cooked for dinner was contaminated with chlorine vapour, which resulted in the death of the woman and poisoning of her three children and husband.

On March 24, as part of the fight against coronavirus in Egypt, curfews were introduced from 19:00 to 6:00 local time throughout the country. Violators of the regime will be sanctioned under the emergency law.

On March 16, Egypt reported the cessation of air traffic with all countries from 19 to 31 March.

According to the international statistical bureau Worldometer, 402 cases of coronavirus were recorded in Egypt, 20 people died and 80 patients were discharged from hospitals.