The first public beta versions of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, watchOS 8 and tvOS 15 have been released. In the near future, Apple should release a public beta version of macOS Monterey.
There are no changes in the public beta version of iOS 15 compared to the developer version. Nevertheless, public builds should be more stable, but still do not exclude the appearance of problems.
To enter Apple’s public beta testing program, you should visit a special page on Apple’s website.
How to install iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 public beta
- Back up the contents of your smartphone to your macOS computer.
- Go to Apple’s beta testing program website with Safari (the process will not work with Chrome or any other browser).
- Log in using your Apple ID and select “Register your devices” from the top drop-down menu.
- Go to the “iOS” or “iPadOS” tab. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button labeled “Upload Profile.” A warning will appear stating that the website is trying to upload a configuration profile. Click “Allow.” A pop-up window will appear saying that you can set up a new profile in “Settings.”
- Open “Settings.” A new item called “Profile Uploaded” should appear at the top. Click on it and set the profile. Restart your device.
- After restarting, go to the update menu and install iOS 15 public beta or iPadOS 15 public beta.
How to install watchOS 8 public beta
- You need an iPhone with a pre-installed current version of iOS 15 to install it.
- Enter the beta-testing program from your iPhone (using the Safari browser).
- In the top menu, click on “Register your devices,” “watchOS,” and the “Register your Apple Watch” link.
- Scroll down and click “Upload Profile.” Go to your smartphone’s settings, under “General” and set the new profile.
- If auto update is enabled on the Apple Watch, the watch will receive a notification that the public beta is available. If the automatic update is not enabled, you’ll need to go into the app and check manually.
How to install tvOS 15 public beta
- Sign up for the beta program on Apple’s website. On Apple TV, go to “Settings,” then select “Accounts” and go under your registered profile.
- Then go to Settings > System > Software Update and turn on the “Receive public beta updates” option.
- To check for updates manually, go to “Settings” > “System” > “Software updates”. The update may not appear immediately.