The life of the Russian blogger Alexei Navalny was saved primarily due to the prompt action of doctors of the toxicology department of BSMP № 1 in Omsk, taken after the plane with the patient landed. This was stated by the doctors of the German Charite clinic who treated Navalny.
“They called the decision of Russian doctors to intubate and connect him to a ventilator, made within two to three hours of the onset of the first symptoms, the likely decisive moment,” they said in their treatment report published December 23 in the specialized journal Lancet.
The patient himself after his recovery has repeatedly stated that his treatment was carried out in Germany, while the doctors in Omsk actually failed to act, naming the cause of his condition a metabolic disorder.
According to the Charite doctors, traces of cholinesterase inhibitors and infection with several types of bacteria were found in Navalny’s body, which did not cause any serious consequences.
The blogger felt ill on August 20 when he was flying from Tomsk to Moscow. The plane had to make an emergency landing in Omsk. Navalny was first taken to a hospital in Omsk and then to Charite. On September 23, the Russian was discharged from the German hospital.
The FRG reported that the Russian had signs of intoxication with a substance from the group of cholinesterase inhibitors. Omsk doctors during the examination of the blogger did not reveal intoxication by this substance.