DPRK doctors said there is no coronavirus in the country

No cases of infection with coronavirus have been reported in the country, according to the representative of the Central Emergency Staff for Infectious Disease Control of the DPRK.

“So far, not a single person has been infected with the new coronavirus in our country,” said in a statement of the headquarters’ representative Pak Men Su.

According to him, North Korean medics are taking preventive measures, including thorough disinfection of all goods, complete closure of borders and external communication routes.

April 1, U.S. intelligence presented a secret report to the U.S. president, in which DPRK was suspected of concealing data on the spread of coronavirus in the country.

On March 26, the Financial Times reported with reference to sources that the DPRK authorities privately applied for assistance to “foreign contacts” in order to expand coronavirus tests inside the country.

On March 9, North Korea evacuated foreigners, including diplomats, to Russia amid the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The evacuation took place as North Korean authorities strengthened their preventive measures against the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes COVID-19 pneumonia.

North Korea was one of the first countries to suspend air communication with China, as well as trains between the countries in late January. Since the beginning of the epidemic, not a single case of infection has been publicly reported in DPRK.