The health of Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain has caused concern after a staff member at Balmoral Castle in Scotland was found to have tested positive for coronavirus. The Express reported this on Wednesday, August 18, citing a source.
“All Balmoral employees are tested daily for COVID, and this man tested positive on Saturday. He was sent home and the staff dining room and bar have been closed,” a Palace source told The Sun.
According to him, palace staff now wear masks and have no contact with Elizabeth II. Members of the royal family themselves continue to behave as before. Despite the fact that the queen is 95 years old, she is determined to continue life as usual, the source assured.
He added that the courtiers had discussed the idea of the royal family serving themselves at meals, but the queen decided that the caterers would serve the food.
“In addition, the family would go out deer hunting and picnicking on the estate as before,” the article said.
On Aug. 11, Prince Andrew also left for the Scottish residence, against whom criminal charges could be filed for alleged abuse against the then-17-year-old.
In September 2019, an American woman claimed to have had an intimate relationship with Prince Andrew 20 years ago when she was just 17 years old. According to the woman, the deceased financier Jeffrey Epstein was involved in the incident.
The son of Elizabeth II himself denied allegations of sexual intercourse with the 17-year-old girl.
The queen had gone to Balmoral to spend August and September there. She hoped that in Scotland she would have a chance to “get back to normal” after Prince Philip’s death. Several members of the royal family, including Prince William, the Duchess of Cambridge Kate and their children George, Charlotte and Louis are expected to visit her at the residence.
Prince Philip passed away on April 9 at the age of 99. He was due to turn 100 in two months. Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip had been married for more than 70 years and had four children.