Google has told for the first time about the innovations in Android TV 12, which is already available to developers for testing. The main attention in the OS developers paid to multimedia functions, user interface and privacy management tools.
- So, Android TV 12 has appeared to adjust the refresh rate for a smoother picture. Now applications can integrate these settings and adjust to the capabilities of the TV to play content with the optimal frame rate.
- The system’s user interface received two important changes. The first is the blurring of the background in applications and system windows. This effect will improve the visual separation of different menus and sections.
- The second change is the rendering of the user interface in 4K resolution instead of FHD on compatible devices. Developers will be able to adapt their programs and effects to make them look even better.
- Like the mobile system, Android TV 12 will have microphone and camera indicators that let you know when apps start recording audio or video.
- You’ll be able to configure apps’ access to the microphone and camera in the system’s privacy settings.
These innovations are already available in Android TV beta 3 for developers. The final build of the system is expected to be released this fall, as is the case with the mobile OS.