Belarusian border guards found a man in a serious condition near the Lithuanian border; he died during the first aid. This was stated by official representative of the State Border Committee of Belarus Anton Bychkovski on Wednesday, August 4.
“We confirm this fact. Border guards near the Lithuanian border found a man of eastern appearance in serious condition. During the provision of first aid by border guards, he died,” he said.
On the eve of the Lithuanian Interior Ministry reported that the first of the illegal migrants from Asia and Africa has been sent home. The Minister of Interior Agne Bilotaite emphasized that the country respects human rights, but illegal migrants, who are in the country, will be expelled.
On August 2, General Rustamas Lubayevas, head of the State Border Guard Service at the Lithuanian Ministry of the Interior, said that the country’s border checkpoints on the border with Belarus were overcrowded with illegal migrants.
At the same time, on the same day Andrei Savinykh, the head of Foreign Affairs Commission of the Belarusian Parliament, noted that Lithuania is trying to look like a victim of imaginary aggression in order to get additional funding from the European Union. According to him, the migration crisis in Europe actually began at least five years ago.
For his part Lithuanian President Gitanas Nauseda stated that the country needs all-round help of the European Union because of the migration crisis. According to him, the events on the Lithuanian-Belarusian border are “a hybrid attack on Lithuania, financed by the Belarusian regime.
The next day, spokesman for the Foreign Ministry of Belarus Anatoliy Glaz stressed that accusations by the European Union of Minsk creating a migrant crisis on the border with Lithuania were unsubstantiated. He stressed that European officials and Lithuanian authorities had been consistently and deliberately “destroying with their own hands” the system of border cooperation with Belarus, which had been established over many years.