Microsoft is officially releasing Windows 11 – the system is already available to some users through the Windows Update Center. It can be installed either automatically or manually through an ISO image that can be downloaded from the official site. You will need a licensed Windows 10 version 2004 or later.
Recall the requirements of Windows 11:
- Processor: two cores clocked at 1 GHz on a compatible 64-bit chip;
- RAM: 4GB;
- Storage: 64GB;
- Video Adapter: DirectX 12 / WDDM 2.x compatible;
- Display: Over 9 inches with 720p resolution;
- System firmware: UEFI with Secure Boot support;
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module version 2.0.
You can check if your PC is compatible with the new system using a special PC Health Check utility. In case of failure it will show what is not suitable for Windows 11.
Among the main system improvements worth upgrading for are the updated Start, smart window management, convenient widgets and advanced features for multiple monitors.