PRC called on the United States to stop dangerous actions to avoid escalation

Share this post

Chinese Defense Secretary Wei Fenghe called on his U.S. counterpart Mark Esper to stop risky actions to prevent escalation in the region. This was reported by China Central Television on Thursday, August 6.

Fenghe demanded that the U.S. side strengthen measures to control and prevent dangerous situations at sea.

Esper, in turn, said that there is tension between the U.S. and China at the moment, and called for dialogue and consultation between the leadership of the armed forces of the two countries to maintain control in case of crisis.

Earlier in the day, Esper said that China’s policy has become more aggressive and requires a tough response. In particular, he noted that competition with Beijing is not limited to the Indo-Pacific region, but exists in all parts of the world.

A few days ago, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that China conducts spy operations in the U.S. establishment and business. At the same time, he noted in late July that the course on toughening the approach to China is suitable for all all allies.

On July 21, the US demanded to close the Chinese diplomatic mission in Houston within three days. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo accused China of stealing American intellectual property on a large scale. In response, Beijing demanded that Washington close the Consulate General in Chengdu.