A gas explosion occurred in an apartment in New York, resulting in nine injuries and hospitalization, NBC TV channel reported on February 18.
It is noted that the incident occurred on the second floor of an apartment building in the Bronx. The shock wave knocked out the front door, it flew across the street and got stuck on the power lines.
According to the TV station, eight residents of the home, including six children, and one firefighter were among those injured. One adult and one child are in serious condition.