Dozens of visitors to a waterpark in Texas suffered from a chemical leak. It was reported on Saturday by NBC, citing local authorities.
Twenty-six people were hospitalized with breathing problems or skin irritation after they were exposed to bleach and sulfuric acid on Saturday afternoon at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Splashtown, a waterpark in Spring, Texas, the authorities said.
One person was in critical condition on Saturday evening, said Rachel Neutzler, a spokeswoman for the Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office.
Local authorities said that all visitors had undergone decontamination procedures, but did not specify what they consisted in. The waterpark is temporarily closed as a precautionary measure.