Turkish Ministry of Defense reported an attack on its observation post in Idlib

Share this post

Turkish Defense Ministry reported an attack on its observation post in Idlib. This is stated in the report of the Defense Ministry, published on Twitter on 16 September.

“In the de-escalation zone in Idlib, groups of people who looked like civilians approached our observation points at numbers 3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9. They attacked our observation point 7 and fled after the measures were taken,” the text says.

The Defense Ministry added that these groups were coordinated by the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. No other details have been reported yet.

On September 6, Syria said that the border settlements near the town of Tell-Abyad in the northern Syrian province of Raqqa had been shelled by the Turkish army. Civilian homes in the villages of Kaza’aili, Krunful and Bir Arab were hit by gunfire.

In July, Turkish troops opened artillery fire on Syrian army positions in southern Idlib province. Intensive fire came from a Turkish observation post north of the town of Kfar Novel.